Ongoing research and more
Legend: (a) False color scanning electron micrograph of the device, displaying the drain
(green) and source (red) contacts to the quantum dot. Four superconducting aluminum leads (cyan) are connected to the source, for heating and biasing the junction.
(b) Zoom on an electromigrated quantum dot junction between the source and the drain.
(c) Sketch of the spectral function of the quantum dot (right) induced by the coupling to the lead (left), both at high (red) and low (blue) temperatures. The Kondo effect arises as a sharp resonance near yet not exactly at EF at low temperatures.
(d) Numerical renormalization group (NRG) calculation on the single level Anderson model, with on-site Coulomb interaction U and level position Ɛ0. Here is shown the junction spectral function A(E) at different temperatures T/TK = 0.01, 2.8, 5, 10, 20 (from blue to red), for an asymmetric impurity level and a fixed Kondo temperature TK, showing the spectral offset and asymmetry of the Kondo resonance.
Submitted for publication:
- "Calorimetry of a Quantum Phase Slip", E. Gümüş, D. Majidi, D. Nikolić, P. Raif, B. Karimi, J. T. Peltonen, E. Scheer, J. P. Pekola, H. Courtois, W. Belzig, C. B. Winkelmann
Publications in International Journals:
- "Quantum confinement suppressing electronic heat flow below the Wiedemann-Franz law", D. Majidi, M. Josefsson, M. Kumar, M. Leijnse, L. Samuelson, H.
Courtois, C. B. Winkelmann, V. F. Maisi,Nano Lett. 10.1021/acs.nanolett.1c03437 (2022). https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.06229
Bivas Dutta, Danial Majidi, Alvaro Garcia Corral, Paolo A. Erdman, Serge Florens, Theo A. Costi, Hervé Courtois, and Clemens B. Winkelmann, Nano Lett. 2019 19 (1), 506-511 https://arxiv.org/abs/1811.04219
- Majidi, D. and Faez, R., 2017. Thermally induced spin-dependent current based on Zigzag Germanene Nanoribbons. Physica E: Low-dimensional Systems and Nanostructures, 86, pp.175-183.
- B. Dutta, D. Majidi, A. G. Corral, P. A. Erdman, S. Florens, T. A. Costi, H. Courtois, and C. B. Winkelmann. Thermopower signature of the Kondo effect in a quantum dot junction. GDR PHYSIQUE QUANTIQUE MESOSCOPIQUE, 3-6 December 2018, Aussois, France. (Poster)
- B. Dutta, D. Majidi, A. Garcia-Corral, J. T. Peltonen, J. P. Pekola, C. B. Winkelmann, H. Courtois. Thermoelectricity of a Kondo-correlated Quantum Dot Junction. Les Journées de la Matière Condensée 27-31 August 2018, Grenoble, France. (Poster)