Ongoing research and more
We consider quantum transport in different types of superconducting heterostructures. Our research interest is focused on spectral characteristics and heat transport in these structures. Our work is being done in the framework of equilibrium and non-equilibrium Green’s function approach, which is very useful for describing different physical properties of the system as the local density of states and Josephson current.
Fig 1. (a) Schema of the considered (SNS) system (L. Bretheau et al., Nature Physics (2017)). Local density of states in normal region (1D case) as a function of energy and superconducting phase difference: (b) fully transparent junction (D=1.0), (c) junction with finite transparency (D=0.5).
Submitted for publication
- "Calorimetry of a Quantum Phase Slip", E. Gümüş, D. Majidi, D. Nikolić, P. Raif, B. Karimi, J. T. Peltonen, E. Scheer, J. P. Pekola, H. Courtois, W. Belzig, C. B. Winkelmann
Publications in International Journals
- "Electron cooling by phonons in superconducting proximity structures" Danilo Nikolić, Denis M. Basko, Wolfgang Belzig, Phys. Rev. B 102, 214514 (2020) https://arxiv.org/abs/2011.04471
- "Optimized proximity thermometer for ultra-sensitive detection"
Bayan Karimi, Danilo Nikolic, Tuomas Tuukkanen, Joonas T. Peltonen, Wolfgang Belzig, Jukka P. Pekola, Phys. Rev. Applied 13, 054001 (2020), https://arxiv.org/abs/1911.02844
- "Local density of states in clean two-dimensional superconductor--normal metal--superconductor heterostructures"
Danilo Nikolic, Juan Carlos Cuevas, Wolfgang Belzig, Phys. Rev. Research 1, 033031 (2019) https://arxiv.org/abs/1907.11564
- DPG2021, online conference, September 27, 2021 "Electronic cooling by phonons in mesoscopic superconducting systems” poster
- SFKM conference, Belgrade, 07.10.-11.10.2019, "An ultra-sensitive thermometer based on superconducting heterostructures"talk
- DPG Spring Meeting, Regensburg (Germany), 31.03.-05.04.2019, "Local density of states in clean 2D SNS heterostructures" talk
"Local density of states in clean 2D SNS heterostructures"at the DPG Spring Meeting of the Condensed Matter Section (SKM) together with the EPS, 11-16.03.2018, Berlin (Germany) poster